1LB (450g) MK-V Orthrus: Bidirectional Flow Closed Loop Extractor - Explorer
DISCLAIMER: This unit is intended for LEGAL purposes only, to be used in accordance with local laws and ordinances. Use only in extremely well-ventilated areas. Check with your local fire marshal for guidance when operating indoors
The 1lb Bi-Directional closed loop increases efficiency by utilizing both a bottom and top solvent input. By using a bottom flood on the first wash, you ensure all material has seen solvent. This method preventing channeling through the material. Finish the run with a top flood input to ensure all residuals have been washed from the material. Oil bearing solvent is collected in the collection base under the material column. Once collected, solvent is distilled and recovered, leaving the oils in the collection base. This is a passive unit that utilizes pressure differences created by manipulating temperature to move solvent.
- Explorer: Our standard bi-directional extractor model. Comes with a welded bottom base and standard LP tank. This model provides all the benefits of the Orthrus design without any bells and whistles. The Explorer model is perfect for those looking to get the bi-directional performance but have a budget. Explorer models can be upgraded after purchase.
- Collection Base
- 6"x6" Welded Bottom Base
- 6"x6" Open Spool
- Assembled 6" bi-flow lid
- 3"x24" Material column with reducer & top cap
- 3" filter plate kit
- 1.5" Solvent input manifold
- 1.5" Ball Valve
- Mastercool 6LB Solvent Recovery Tank
- (2) 1/4" 48" High Pressure PTFE Braided SS Hose
- 3/8" 48" High Pressure PTFE Braided SS Hose
- (2)6" clamps, (3)3" clamps and a (3)1.5" clamp with gaskets
- (2)3" Gaskets w/ filter
- Instruction Manual
- 3"x 24" 304 Stainless Steel Material Tube 1lb (450g)
- 316 Stainless Steel Fully Encapsulated Miniature Ball Valves
- System Rated to 150PSI
- Multiple port connections for _" 316 Stainless JIC 37 Degree
- 304 Stainless Steel Base Container 6" diameter by 12" tall
- Tri-Clamps at all interfaces make for a high pressure, easy clean unit.
- Viton Gaskets are designed for Oil Processing Temp range -40-200F
- Dimensions (Inches): 25" x 7" Diameter overall size
- Weight: 21 lbs.
- Operating Temperature Range: -40F to 160F
- Ultimate Vacuum: as low as 10 Microns
- Base unit Maximum Capacity: 300 cubic inches, (2.553 Liters)
- Construction: All components made of 304 Stainless Steel.
- Max Vacuum -29.9inHg
- High Polish Interior
*Note: Column capacity may vary depending on the density of packed material and packing density. Capacity is calculated using the industry standard of 4.2g/in3. This is the upper limit for column capacity. Low density, uncut, and/or lightly packed material can reduce capacity by 50%.
For best results, we recommend to tightly pack coarse ground material.